LIFE C4R will demonstrate the feasibility and efficiency of innovative technological solutions for the commercial refrigeration sector that are able to reduce the GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions and particularly HFCs.
EPTA and its project partners EPTA IBERIA and DAAS will put in place technical and marketing/dissemination activities related to refrigeration systems based on CO2 to achieve such goals.
The main targets of the project are :
- To develop a technology that allows a minimum of 10% energy savings in commercial refrigerating plant in any country, with any external temperature
- To prove the possibility to completely substitute HCFC and HFC with CO2 in any climate or market condition
The 2018-2020 action plan is:
- Industrial development of C4R technologies based on tests and results performed by EPTA in the laboratory
- 2 pilot prototypes installed and tested at end users’ premises in Italy
- Replication prototypes (at least 4 in Romania, Spain, elsewhere) to validate performance under other climate conditions
- Full Life Cycle Analysis according to the standards of LCCP to evaluate the project’s carbon footprint and environmental performances
- Dissemination activity to specific international organisations (stakeholders, academia, policy makers and general public)
Watch the video and discover more about Life-C4R Project!